Lisa is a registered psychologist, an accredited neuropsychotherapy practitioner and has a master’s in counselling and psychotherapy
She works within the private sector providing individual and group counselling in a range of areas.
Lisa believes that the core therapeutic values of empathy, validation and a safe space to process emotions are integral to the healing process. Lisa works on meeting the client ‘where they are’ using a client centred and neuroscience based approach. Lisa is aware of the complexities that life events can bring and the importance of having a safe space to talk about our feelings so they can be expressed and validated.
Lisa also works as a retreat counsellor at “QUEST”. She is passionate about, and grateful for this role because she is able to incorporate QUEST philosophies to provide an empathic and compassionate environment to facilitate healing.
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST:
- Anxiety & Depressive Disorders
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex / Developmental Trauma
- Deliberate Self Harm and Suicidal Ideation
- Grief and Loss
- Resentment & Forgiveness
- Peri/Post Natal Depression
- Communication and Boundaries
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) - specific treatment of trauma which focuses on treating intrusive memories.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness-Based Meditation & Relaxation
- Schema Therapy
- Solution-Focused/Brief Therapy
- Person centred psychotherapy
- Compassion focused and strength based therapy
- Adult chair and inner child therapy